Friday, October 4, 2013

Bling It On With L'oreal Glitter Nail Polish

Hey everyone!
The L’Oreal Paris Cannes Special Nail paints are now available for purchase! Out of all the products that are part of the L’Oreal Sunset collection, I was most excited about the glitter nail paints! Here are 4 out of the 6 nail enamels launched in this collection ~
Because each of these nail paints has 2 sizes of glitter particles – one smaller dense glitter and the other larger hexagonal flecks, it gives a pretty intense shimmery effect on the nails. I LOVE it! There are 2 more shades in this range – one is shimmery gold and purple (not glittery) and one is a metallic silver.
These apply well, give fully opaque coverage in 2 coats and dry pretty quickly. I love the packaging they come in – so luxurious (makes me think of Chanel or YSL)! These are now available on counters for Rs 235 each. These are Limited Edition – part of the Cannes 2013 range (L’Oreal Paris is official makeup partner for Cannes).
If you love glittery nail paints, you should definitely try these! I’d recommend 821, 822 and 823!!!

The Colors
There are 6 glitter polishes in this collection and i have three of these in my stash. These are:
Copper Cuff : Clear Base polish with gold sparkles and copper heaxogonal glitters
L'oreal Amethyst : Dull purple base, with gold micro shimmer
Flaming Sunset: Black base with gold hexagonal glitter and gold specks.

My favorite has to be Flaming Sunset- I am not even a black nail polish person but the contrast of the gold glitter against the black is totally mesmerising !!


The Texture
These polishes are two coats to opaque (Copper Cuff has a clear base so that will take you three), but in terms of texture they are pretty average. They are thin, so they are not gloopy for sure and they apply smoothly but the wear time is just about 2 days. They chip very easily and obviously being glitter polishes, they are a pain to remove.

Recommendation: Out of this bunch, i only like the L'oreal Paris Flaming Sunset Color Riche (Black with Gold Glitter). The other two are can be skipped according to me, but check out the others from this range-Bronze Parure and Amethyst Riviera look stunning but were sold out so could not get my hands on them. Of course all of these are gorgeous to look at with the hexagonal glitters but they just don’t hold up over time. Chipping happens pretty quickly. I just wish that L'oreal had come up with some gorgeous pinks, turquoises and greens with these hexagonal glitters. I would have bought everything.



It's truly amazing how just by simply adding a little bling here and there you can totally change the look and feel of an outfit. We would love to get your shine on!
                                                                   CATALYST

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    That was a good example for the point you are trying to make. I am a medical student and what I am planning to do when I graduate and have my own clinic is to make sure that I follow-up on my patients and giving their next appointment dates. hoboken spa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome,
    Thank you so much for sharing such an awesome blog...
    beauty parlour for facials in kukatpally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade natural Method look younger than actual age
    That will give you best results
    Step by step guide 👇

    Natural method look younger than age

    Follow my social networks for funny memes and odd news

    Facebook page 👇
    follow Facebook page
    Twitter👇
    Join Twitter
    Telegram👇
    Join Telegram

    ReplyDelete